I've absolutely fallen head-over-heels for the 1996 (extremely) long version of Hamlet, and the talents of its star, not to mention - of course - the love of the play that came before watching the film. I feel like a bit of a putz making a request without being here very long, but I promise to properly introduce myself afterward.
Here's the request:
Movie: Hamlet (1996 version directed by and starring Kenneth Branagh)
I'm looking for caps from the following parts....
- The "a little more than kin and less than kind" aside.
- Hamlet's "to be, or not to be" soliloquy.
- The "play's the thing" soliloquy...any caps from it would rock.
- His interaction with the group of players before the Gonzago speech. Between the "Speak the speech, I pray you..." and "...will the King hear this piece of work?"
- Interaction with Horation in the middle of III, ii -- the bit directly before the Gonzago play begins. Cap beginning with "Nay, do not think I flatter..." to "get thee a place."
- The end of II, ii, where Hamlet is messing with Guildenstern and Rosencrantz. Starting with the deliverance of "For if the king like not the comedyyy, when they belike, he likes it not per-dee" and ending with his acting like a nut with Polonius and the bit about the clouds. Everything in between.
- The fencing (V, ii)
- Hamlet's death (also V, ii)
Or...you can leave a comment in my LJ.
Thanks in advance to anyone who can fill ANY of these requests. I know it's a lot, so my expectations are not high, but I would be overwhelmed to get a response.
I would be so earth-shatteringly grateful to anyone who can do anything...I'll even find a way to thank you, though I don't know if anything could do it justice.
Anyway...I'm Jenn. High school senior from Philadelphia. American history, literature, Hugh Jackman, movies and the theatre are among my interests.